Monday, October 25, 2010

Is this Political Discourse?

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but the latest attempt by MoveOn.org to sway voters is so insulting and so over the top it is insane. They launched a video at this address, and while the video is clever and makes good use of technology it is so utterly inane that it is offensive to the political process. Is this what our nation has devolved to? That we go out and vote because some outside political action group tells us to vote a certain way using actors and silly future time travel movie plots?

Where is the content in this political advertisement? Where is the reasoned discourse and discussion of the issues? To use a food analogy, this ad is all sizzle and no steak.

I urge you to get out and vote, and I won't resort to cheap movie tricks to do so. Your vote matters as part of the democratic process. In fact it is far too important a part to trivialize with cheap cinematic sensationalism. I won't even tell you who to vote for or why you should vote for them, I will merely tell you to familiarize yourself with the candidates, with the issues important to you, and vote accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment